




Friday night was "Midnight Madness" in Rigby. It starts out with a light parade at 6:00 that welcomes Santa who rides in on a firetruck at the end of the parade and I think the kids got to go sit on Santa's lap when the parade was over (I'm not sure, my girls were busy at the Mini Nutcracker Balet). A lot of the businesses on Main Street stayed open until midnight for shopping, hot chocolate and other goodies. This year they also started a new tradition of a Mini Nutcracker Balet.
Both Trinitie and Autumn were able to participate in the Nutcracker. Trinitie was a Russian Candycane Dancer and Autumn was the baby mouse in the scene where the nutcracker and the mice fight. It was really cute! They did a great job. There was limited seating to watch the nutcracker so they ended up doing two performances. The nutcracker took up the girls whole evening so they missed santa, the parade and shopping but they had so much fun they didn't even notice.
James went to the parade with a friend and they met some girls from school there. They were supposed to meet us at the nutcracker but they got sidetracked getting hot chocolate and cookies at the stores. Somehow they didn't quite make it before they shut the doors for the first performance.
Jim and I walked around and checked out some of the stores while we waited for Trinitie and Autumn to finish their second performance. We kept running into James and his friends, so we got to keep an eye on them without really trying to. It was a lot of fun! I am loving this small town community!
3 comments:
Hey I'm so happy I found your blog! I'm not much of a blogger myself, but I keep one just for writing stuff down. I don't even check the comments very often, but I just wanted you to know that I'm glad that even if you don't live here anymore that I can still "look in" on you from time to time and know that you are well. Take care, and have a Merry Christmas!
I got your cute christmas card...you're so crafty. I didn't know your girls were into acting! That is so fun that they got to be in the Nutcracker performances. I'm so glad you are enjoying ID. It is so cold here and we have so much snow it doesn't feel like Fruita right now. Tell Autumn 'hello' from Kylee!
The Nutcracker? How exciting!! It looks like you are really enjoying ID. You have such a cute family! Carli LOVED seeing pictures of Autumn!
Post a Comment